Web Suite Pro for Landscapers
Hi, It’s Cheun again and I’m here to show you how to manage your landscaping and/or construction business.
So the tools in Web Suite Pro you’ll need are contact manager, invoicing and quote app, expense tracking and trouble tickets.
Setup your Company
Go to your top left where account is located. Drop down to settings and click. This will take you to company profile where you fill in all the information pertaining to your company from address, phone numbers to taxes, etc. Choose the logo to display on your invoice, orders, quotes and all communications from Web Suite Pro. Add in your default terms for invoices/quotes and make adjustments to your country taxes. (Example: I’ll add my GST which is 5%. In Alberta, Canada, there is no PST however there is room to add more taxes)
Let’s Get Started
First, we’ll start off with contact manager; without it, you won’t be able to utilize our system. Add the necessary staff, vendors, leads and clients under the contact section. I, myself, will be adding clients. That’s how I get paid. Next, let’s add some products and/or services for your business. Design consulting, grass cutting, stone removal/placement could be few of the products and/or services you offer. For this demo, I’ll use design consulting as my service and stone as my product.
- On the main navigation, scroll to Sales and click on “Add Product”.
- Fill in the product name, category, cost price, mark up, etc.
- Attach a vendor (example: the person that supplies you with the stone)
- Click on Track Inventory if needed
- Repeat for design consulting (service)
With this completed, let’s move onto sending our first quote. I’m going to type in Simon Ferguson in the Search bar on the top of the page. From his profile, click on Create Quote on the right side.
On the new quote page, you’ll see quote details preloaded with the client information which include client, quote, purchase order, today’s date and expiry date (set automatically for 30 days) followed by quote items, charges/credits and expenses. So now I’m gonna add an item from the drop down menu of products/services. Let’s say I’ll add landscaping stones and you’ll see unit cost, quantity, tax 1, tax 2, discount and total.
Let me add 100 to the quantity with taxes* added (GST) and 10% discount. Now I need to add delivery. I’ll bring down the expenses drop down menu and choose new expense.
In this demonstration, I’m going to use delivery as an expense. Delivery will be the name of the expense.
- Next, fill out the description of “Stone delivery from warehouse”.
- Now pull down Transportation from category
- Afterwards, select a vendor
- And lastly, add the amount and the markup ($ amount or %)
(Web Suite Pro will allow you to add a markup to any expense) *Taxes will vary from Country to Country or State/Province/Region
Make sure you save the quote for future reference. If you wish, send the quote out to your client.
Voila! You’ve just completed the first quote tutorial.
If you ever needed to track your expenses, Web Suite Pro does that easily under Expenses. I’m gonna scroll to the top navigation bar and under Expenses, I’ll click on Track Expense.
For this example, I’ll use day labour for the name of the expense.
- Choose the type of expense (Operational, Billable, or Reimbursable)*
- Next add in the amount (cost), markup and necessary taxes pertaining to your country’s taxes
- Afterwards I’ll add the staff names and scroll through the drop down menu of category. In this case, it’s “Services performed by independent contractors”
- Finish off the expense tracking with input of dates, status and description
- And don’t forget to save the expense
*Operational – An ongoing cost for running a product, business or system
*Billable – expenses that you incur billed to client for whom you did the work
*Reimbursable – An act of compensating employee/staff incurred on behalf of the company
If, at any time, your clients have any issues or problems that require your attention; Tickets is the simplest way to record your clients’ concerns. Let’s say I’m one of your clients on the latest landscaping job you’re currently working on. I have an issue with the stones that you currently placed on the landscape.
I’ll log into your company account and scroll to tickets and click on add ticket.
- Write the issue or problem title in subject and name of the person in the reporter field
- Leave status as open since it’s a new ticket that hasn’t been resolved yet
- Set your priority as low, medium, high or immediate
- assign it to the person you want the issue dealt with
- Lastly, write a detailed description of the issue
Thank you for using websuitepro.com, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to respond to the post.